Marketing Edinburgh is a commercially focussed organisation, with an invigorated marketing lead approach befitting an organisation which is tasked with promoting the City on a national and international stage. It conducts its activities on behalf of the entire Edinburgh region. At the top level we focus on city marketing’s main target groups; residents, visitors and businesses.
We aim to promote the Edinburgh city-region as a leading leisure, learning and business destination for domestic and international visitors, enhance the national and international reputation of the city-region and promote sustainable economic development and growth.
Edinburgh is a global city in which innovation, learning and culture thrive; one that offers an exceptional quality of life and in which there are considerable opportunities for inward investment, academic study, and leisure and business tourism.
City marketing is an essential step in strengthening the economic position of the Edinburgh Region. This not only has a positive influence on the city’s public image internationally but also for local residents, boosting their sense of civic pride and appreciation. To achieve this, we work together with public and private organisations, cultural institutions and universities.
- To develop wider global recognition of Edinburgh’s strengths and quality of life
- To secure Edinburgh’s reputation on the global map of leading cities
- To lead our partners in steering city promotional activity
- To support and focus the city’s efforts for increased inward investment and the growth and sustainability of jobs
- To engage Edinburgh’s residents and communities in the positive promotion of their city
- To lever greater value for the city’s businesses and communities
- To build on Edinburgh’s reputation as a successful conference destination